It’s been extremely busy in Spiritville. With the Dude being man down with a tummy bug since Sunday eve and the Dudie being his ever so charming self…. I’ve been studying and well, cooking… Cos I love food. No really, I looove good food……
So here’s my observations, in no particular order:
1. I commute on the Gautrain daily. Love it just one small problem – we really could use more stairs/escalators/lifts at ALL stations. There just isn’t enough!
2. When walking up said stairs/escalators – your face is arse level with the person ahead of you. Now, that definitely doesn’t go down well with my empty stomach!
3. As a regular commuter, you get to know some other regulars on the train. Like ‘Etiket Girl”, as in etiquette. She insists on speaking English, and quite loudly, but really is a proper Afrikaans girl. Even her friend responds in Afrikaans but she just carries on. “This is my morning dose of Etiquette”. I dubbed her “Etiket Girl” cos Dude said that it’s her Gautrain Etiquette to speak English…
4. Biker chick – she’s small with wild red hair and seemingly odd… Well I guess most people would say that I’m odd but this is my observation, remember…. She always has a few bags to cart around too. Makes me wonder where she puts this stuff considering she’s riding a bike?
5. The ever so chic- elegantly dressed business man – with fake labels and all – Need I say more!
6. The Soccer Star – filled to the brim with gadgets and techno stuff…. And singing and dancing on the train whilst reading his book, and checking his IPAD….
7. From the train station, I catch a bus to work – Here you have a lady called “Ous Maggie” who’s selling scones/vetkoek/cake/etc… Well, she saw the opportunity and hell by the time we get to her stop- her stuff is sold out.
And that’s it for now… I like watching people. Oh by the way, there’s a noisy group on the train daily, in the afternoons. But lately I told the group I’m travelling with that we seem to be even noisier than them. LOL
P.S. This mornings conversation with Dudie:
Dudie: Where’s Daddy going?
Me: Daddy’s going to the Doctor ‘cos he’s sick.
Dudie: ….Pause… No Daddy not go to Doctor. Daddy just need to go toilet.
This child of mine. Tells it like it is…