I’ve been nominated by the two awesome bloggers for an award. Yes, me. Thank you, ladies. You’ve just made my day…. I will post about all the balls that life threw at me and my little family soon enough. But the most important thing is that we’re through it. We made it. We’re stronger because of it. And I know that my little family bond is even stronger.
Back to the Award:
Jess over at From there to hear, aka Miss Preggy – I take my hat off to you. I don’t know if I would have coped as a single parent. And you do it so well. Good for you for being a super mom to Aiden! I remember the “sleep deprived” phase where I know I could’ve hurt someone really badly, not my child though, but random strangers who stared at me/someone who asked about mommyhood…. Is was tough on Dude & I, sharing that phase. I can’t even imagine what you are going through.
Melinda over at Diaries of a white mother raising a black baby – Initially when I started thinking about blogging, i couldn’t find a name that was “me”. Maybe that’s why I took so long to start my journey. But here I am. And I’m loving it. I always thought of myself as spirited. Not always the good kind though…. But these days, I think I’m more Good! You are Courageous! From what I have read – You are a super mom to Emma & Ben. And I hope that someday – you too will see that.
This award was re-designed by Reluctant Mom. She got an award and then started awarding fellow bloggers and so on and so on…….. Cheers Celeste! I might not always comment but I do read your blog daily.
7 random facts that you might not know about me:
1. I thrive under pressure. I really really do perform well when I’m stressed. I just choose not to function in “crisis” mode.
2. I’ve cut down on my chocolate tremendously – But I fear that the cut back is now what’s causing some constipation? Is that even possible? I eat fibre and fruit like Bugs Bunny would eat carrots but I am still not ‘regular”. I’ve also put it down to stress.
3. I have re-ignited my craft flame. I have done small little projects around the house. I’m so proud when I can stand back and look at my handy work.
4. My child turns 3 in 2 months, and I have not done anything party related. Hell, I’m not even sure we’ll have a party. Dude suggested that we go visit Ushaka………
5. In the last four/five days I have consumed more alcohol than I have in the last month. I used to be a no worries type person. Will have a drink or two/three…..six or so… Now, if I have 2 savannas it’s a lot ,for one night.
6. Recently, Dude & I reminisced bout our relationship. We’ve been together for 11yrs. Lived together for 4yrs. Married for 5yrs. It’s been quite an adventure. And I’m still looking forward to more ….
7. I am in no way fussed about my workload that just keeps piling up at work. Seriously, I’m one person that can only do my best and if that aint good enough then I’d better find another JOB!
I’m suppose to nominate 5 -10 other Blogs, but please may I sit out on that round. Also, all teh blogs that I have seen nominated , I would’ve nomimated too. I can’t believe I never took to blogging sooner. It’s such a great outlet…
I will still have to fill you in on all the drama that unfolded in Spiritville in the last two days! MOre to come soon.